RiverWoods Pet Hospital is proud to introduce K-Laser Class IV laser therapy for your pets. Its beneficial uses include alleviating chronic pain, accelerating healing and rehabilitation plus much, much more!
No matter what kind of pet you have, large or small, exotic or domestic, K- laser can be part or the solution to help ease your pet’s pain. Safe and effective, this powerful modality provides increased mobility, increased wound healing, and post surgery rehab.
Class IV laser therapy has been very successful in the field of human medicine for years. We are pleased and excited to be able to offer it for the treatment of our best friends!
What is laser therapy?
Photobiomodulation is the scientific term for K- Laser’s effect on tissue. Deep-penetrating photons from the laser influence cell chemistry in a variety of beneficial ways. In addition, the infrared wavelengths create a warm sensation in your pet’s body at the precise location requiring treatment. Treatment time, power and laser pulse frequency are based on your pet’s individual condition and body size. After surgery, patients receiving laser therapy have less pain. Their recovery is faster, with fewer complications.
Where is it beneficial?
Pain Management: Pet owners often prefer a progressive, non-invasive therapy to a drug regimen for the treatment of chronic pain. K- Laser therapy provides that solution.
Wound Healing: Laser therapy can significantly reduce healing time. Traumatic skin injuries and surgical incisions benefit greatly from laser intervention.
Rehab: Musculoskeletal injuries and orthopedic surgeries often require additional rehabilitation solutions. Laser therapy provides non-invasive remedies for quicker recovery.
What to expect…
There is no patient sedation or restraint required and the experience is usually pleasant and comforting to the animal. Most pets do not need to have their hair clipped either.
Although improvement is often seen after the first visit, most patients require several treatments (3-8) for greatest benefit. For most conditions, we recommend a multi-visit treatment plan. Treatments vary in length, but most sites require 2 to 8 minutes. A majority of patients exhibit greater comfort and mobility within 12 to 24 hours after a laser treatment.
Class IV laser therapy treatments are cumulative in nature. The length and frequency of treatments varies with your pet’s condition. A sample treatment schedule is as follows
- Every other day for one week (3 total)
- Twice the second week (2 total)
- Once the third week (1 total)
- Boosters as needed
We will recommend a treatment plan specific to your pet’s condition.
Small animal applications
- Arthritis [Degenerative Joint Disease]
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Ulcerations and open wounds
- Post-surgical and soft tissue trauma
- Back pain
- Neuromuscular disease
Benefits of K- Laser Therapy
The following beneficial effects of K laser [Class IV laser] therapy on cells and tissues have been shown thru clinical trials and studies of laser therapy technology:
- Accelerated tissue repair and cell growth
- Faster wound healing
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation
- Anti-pain [Analgesic]
- Improved vascular activity
- Increased metabolic activity
- Improved nerve function
- Trigger and acupuncture points
Additional benefits of K laser therapy…
- Most pets do not need to have their hair clipped.
- Most pets require multiple treatments [4 to 5] with the Laser before you can see at least a 50% improvement improvement in mobility and pain reduction.
- The treated area feels better 12 to 24 hours after a Laser treatment.
- As with any therapy, the patient should be kept quiet until all treatments are complete.
- Class 4 laser therapy treatments are cumulative in nature.
- The length of laser therapy treatments and frequency of treatments improve outcomes.
- Most chronic conditions require treatments every other day for one week, then twice the second week, twice the third week, once the fourth week.
Feel free to inquire about K- Laser therapy and what it can do for your pet. (801) 224-2233